Our Mission Statement
Our mission is to serve as a Christian outreach and Evangelistic ministry of Coquina Presbyterian Church (PCA).
Children discover and learn things through direct experience (through their senses) with people, objects, events and ideas.
Our Active Learning Ingredients include:
- MATERIALS. An abundant supply of interesting developmentally appropriate materials is readily available to all children to be used in a variety of ways.
- MANIPULATIVES. Children will handle, examine, combine and transform materials and ideas. They make discoveries through hands-on and minds-on contact.
- CHOICE. Children choose materials and play partners (Self-Directed activities). They also have the opportunity for “Teacher-Directed” activities and Small and Large Group times. Group time is an important part of the day when learning that needs to be systematic and sequenced-like skills and concepts in literacy and math are guaranteed for all children.
- LANGUAGE & THOUGHT. Children will be encouraged to communicate verbally and non-verbally as they think about their actions and modify thinking to take on new learning experiences.
- ADULT SCAFFOLDING. Scaffolding means that our teachers support each child’s current level of thinking and challenge them. They encourage efforts and help extend or build on their work.
Each classroom is arranged in learning centers which allows children to play, talk, move around and engage in meaningful activities. These learning centers include Listening/Book center, Art center, Writing center, Math and Language center, Science and Nature center, Small-Muscle (Fine Motor skills) center, Block center, and Dramatic Play center. We also provide a large shaded playground and beautiful outdoor area for Large-Muscle (Gross Motor skills) center.
At Little Blessings our curriculum and classroom centers are geared around 5 basic areas of early child development.
at Coquina’s Little Blessings Preschool
(Believe In GOD)
At Coquina’s Little Blessings preschool your child’s spiritual development is very important to us. Your child will hear, see and live their belief in God while at Little Blessings. We have a school wide “Worship” every Friday at 11:00 a.m. Your child will experience cool graphics, praise music, sign language, and a weekly bible story. In the classroom your child’s teacher will plan hands-on activities, games and crafts designed to connect your children’s lives to the Bible story. It’s helping your child grow as Children of God by taking what they learn from Worship and the classroom into their everyday lives.
Our dedication as a Christian preschool is because we care about the spiritual needs of each child and his/her family. Time is allotted each day in every classroom for prayer, devotion, Bible Stories and more.